Sunday, July 29, 2007

Three Days Before I Start My New Call


It is the Sunday before I begin my new call as Associate Pastor for Youth at Sardis Presbyterian Church. I am going through a myriad of emotions. From anxiety to excitement (Are these the same thing?); from anticipation to hesitancy. After spending a week working at the Montreat Youth Conference as a small group leader, I am reminded of the tight community the church has, and how that community allows one to look at everything with hope. I believe that is where I am the most. I am hopeful this call will be one where God can use me to do some amazing things. I know I will have both ups and downs. But at the end of it all, I can rest knowing my hope is in Jesus Christ who has called me to this new church to do God's will.

So here is the list of things I need to get done:
  • Pack up all my office stuff to move into my new office.
  • Get the Macbook prepared.
  • Reread some youth ministry books to refresh my memory on good ways to start a call.
  • Pray
  • Pray
  • Pray
The clock is ticking, and Wednesday will be here before I know it. I am ready! (I hope.)

4 comments:

Eric K. said...

Good luck, my friend!

By the way, whenever I bring up your blog or profile, it prompts me for an iMac login. When I finally cancel through it, then it shows an 'x' for your picture. Might need to take a look at that.

Hope your week goes well!

Reyes-Chow said...

Jason - It was great hanging with you, Katie and the girls. That is what I just love about Montreat, a place where we meet folks whom we might not otherwise meet.

Hope the beginning is filled with all the excitement that God intends! Give our love to the girls!

RevJavaDude said...

Jason,

Great to spend time with you at Montreat. Like Bruce wrote, the meeting and connecting is a real gift of Montreat and of our connectional denomination. Know that I'll be praying for you in the weeks ahead. Grace and peace to you and to the folks at Sardis who will be blessed by your ministry!

Unknown said...

Good luck. You know I love you and my thoughts and heart will be with you on Wednesday. "Break and Leg!"

Love,
Mom