Thursday, August 2, 2007

Second Day At My New Call

Yes, I know I should have written something about my first day, but things were just a bit busy. But I am in now, and it has been an awesome reception. Everyone is excited I am here, and I can certainly confess my excitement about being at such a vibrant, spirit-filled church. There is so much to go through right now from records of the past to meetings with the appropriate people. However, my first mission is to get to know these youth. I need to know their names, their parents names, and the names of their pet gecko. (Actually, I am not into lizards that much, so I hope they have dogs instead.) There is certainly a long road ahead, but I am willing to travel it knowing that Christ is walking right beside me.

1 comment:

Eric K. said...

If you don't mind, I'm going to e-mail you an Excel file that I did back in 2005 when it was Will Bishop and I trying to run Youth until we found a new Youth Pastor. I made up little 'interview' sheets and passed them out to all the Youth, then collected them at the end of the evening. Then I keyed everything in. Not only did it help us learn about the Youth, but we got a feel for what they were interested in. The next week, I summarized all of the variety we had among us - such as the number of home towns, the number and variety of hobbies, and so forth. For me (being the non-professional), it was a really good exercise. Feel free to use it (or be inspired by it) or toss it as you see fit. Anyway, check your e-mail.